Monday, August 15, 2011

May 2011

Highlights from May:

- On May 1, President Obama announced that they had killed Osama bin Laden!


- Some of my favorite "Osama Bin Laden's dead" comments include:
  * "Ding Dong bin Laden's dead!"
  * "The press conference is running late while they look for President Bush's 'Mission Accomplished banners."
  * "George W. Bush may have had a bad habit of speaking too soon, but at least I would have been in bed now."
  * "I think we should all get the day off tomorrow...National Bin Laden ate it day."
  * "One day our grandchildren will ask us what we were doing when we found out that Bin Laden was dead and we can say that we were on Facebook."
  * "I knew my vuvuzela would come in handy again."


- The 13-year Cicadas made their appearance this month. We saw our first one in our yard on May 8.


- Little Man quote: While showing him a video of a tornado in Auckland, NZ, I pointed out that they spin the opposite direction as the tornadoes around here. He responded by saying, "Do people in the Southern Hemisphere speak backwards, too?"


- We attended the Great Tennessee Air Show in Smyrna. We enjoyed seeing the Thunderbirds this year!


- Little Man quote: Little boy: "I'm gonna play football some day." Little Man: "Well, I'm gonna be a weatherman some day."


- Little Man declared that he figured out what life's all about...he says it's about learning and Jesus. :)


- Little Man graduated from Pre-K on May 17.


- Harold Camping predicted that May 21 would be the Rapture. He was wrong again. 


- I took Little Man to our Discovery Center for World Turtle Day to see Farmer Jason who performs on our local PBS station. 


- While waiting for a VBS meeting to start, Little Man flipped through the Bible. He turned to his favorite book, Matthew, and asked me to pick a chapter. Out of the blue, I chose 15. He found it and then asked me to choose a verse. V3 was at the top of the page, so I chose that. As he read it to me, I LOL'd! It's the scripture that says to "Honor your father and mother"! That was a very appropriate verse for him to see at that particular time since obeying had been an on-going problem.


- Yet another Little Man quote: "Dear God: Thank you for the cicadas. They're such cute little fellas with their red eyes, wings and stuff."


- I took Little Man to our Discovery Center later in the month to see a one day only NASA exhibit. He wasn't as nearly impressed as Mama was! Lol!


- Regular season of t-ball ended at the end of the month. His team, the Braves, ended up 8 and 2. They won the last 8 games in a row! 


- We bought our new 8 ft diameter inflatable pool. It was the first one for us that needed a pump and chemicals to keep it clean. 


- DFIL and I took Little Man to the Healing Fields in town. It was 1500 U.S. flags (7 ft tall) on 2 acres of land. 


Lots of pictures from May:










The first Cicada in our yard 



Thunderbirds 

















Little Man and his Pre-K teacher, Ms. Brenda 

Little Man and one of his best friends. Little did we know his friend would be moving in just over 2 months. :( 

Little Man's Pre-K graduation picture 




Flags at the Healing Field 








No comments: