Tuesday, August 16, 2011

July 2011

Highlights from July:

- We went with our friends, Bill, Jenn and their kids to a nearby drive-in movie theater to see Cars 2. SO much fun!

- Instead of hosting our annual 4th of July party for friends and family, we attended a party at a friend's house. We had a lot of fun shooting off our own fireworks and watching the show from the neighbors.  Little Man had lots of fun swimming in their above-ground pool and playing on the Wii.

- We added Josiah, a beautiful blue Beta fish, to Little Man's tank.

- Casey Anthony was found Not Guilty of murdering her daughter, Caylee. It was a sad, sad day!

- I read the book, "The Help" and LOVED it! I was excited when I learned that it was coming to the movie theater!

- I teamed up with my friend, Renee, of Batter Bowl Designs, to sell cupcakes to raise money for my mission trip to Belgium.

- Started getting e-mails from Little Man's principal, which meant school was right around the corner!

- Watched the US Women's soccer team play Japan and lose in the World Cup.

- We spent 3 days and 2 nights with some friends on Dale Hollow Lake. We were completely cut off from the world thanks to AT&T not having ANY signal out there. Frustrating! Other than the lack of news and the extreme heat, it was a fun few days with friends, boating, night fishing for Crappies and swimming.

- While on our lake vacation, I attempted to go night fishing once. We left at 9:30 pm and returned around 4:00 am for a total of about 6-1/2 hours of fishing. There were 7 of us on the boat. Everyone except me caught at least a few Crappies. I caught absolutely NOTHING! I didn't give up easily; I fished for all but the last 20 minutes. I then determined that, while it's nice to try it once, I won't be doing that again!

- Little Man lost his first tooth on July 27 as he was getting ready for bed! The Tooth Fairy (Flossie) came and left him a certificate and two $1 gold coins. Now, we're down to 3 loose teeth left. :)

- Little Man quote: "The clouds are crying."

A few July pictures:

At the drive-in movie theater

Little Man and his other best friend at the drive-in movie theater

My attempt at photographing fireworks on July 4th











No comments: