Sunday, April 17, 2005

4 weeks 1 day

I'm still in total shock! Shad seemed to be okay late yesterday and now again today. However, I'm sure he's still got "finances" on the brain.

I told Alanna at church this morning, but Jen wasn't there. That's okay, though. I should see her on Wednesday, so can tell her then.

My dad came yesterday afternoon, spent the night and left this morning. It was SO hard not saying anything to him! I really want my mom to be the first one I break the news to, so I just had to keep biting my tongue. I don't know HOW I'm going to be able to keep my mouth shut for 3 WEEKS!

I started a pregnancy journal yesterday morning. I'll start out writing the first few days and then probably only as things happen (symptoms, doctor's appointments, etc.).

Alanna told me today that the next consignment sale is next weekend, with Saturday being 1/2 price day. Now I've got a real excuse and can go!

As for symptoms...I really haven't noticed much of anything. My stomach has been growling a lot more than usual and I've been going to the bathroom a lot more. We had La Siesta for lunch after church again today. We'll see how I feel later, but so far, so good. Until I go to the doctor, I plan to eat pretty much my normal foods. Of course, I'll leave out the stuff I KNOW to be unhealthy, but I really need some guidance on quick and easy healthy meals to eat. I never used to eat much or anything at all for breakfast, but have this past week been eating an apple or orange. I know I should eat more than that and plan to get more ideas to do so. I really hope I can get in to see the doctor on Friday.

Another thing I'm not sure about is playing softball. We have our first game tomorrow night and another one on Thursday night. I'll go ahead and play this week. Hopefully, I can continue playing. Everybody's counting on me so much since we're not sure how many will show up for each game. I've always been consistent and reliable about being there. I really do want to continue to play. The season only goes until June 9, which would put me at 11 weeks. I'll see what the doctor says.

No comments: