Tuesday, April 19, 2005

4 weeks 3 days (1)

As far as I can tell, I'm still pregnant! I used the last hpt that I had on hand yesterday morning and it was still a bfp. It all still feels so much like a dream. Every now and then I have to stop and think, "This IS real. I AM pregnant!" I think it'll be more of a reality when I see an ultrasound and hear the heartbeat. I pray over and over that I carry this child full term and it's healthy! I'm scared to death of having a miscarriage!!!

I called the doctor's office yesterday to try and get in for a blood test to confirm everything. I was told that I just need to walk in the office to have it done; I don't need an appointment. I was going to wait until Friday, but have decided to go today during my lunch break. I'm hoping that I can get in to see my doctor pretty soon after the blood test. I have no idea what's going to happen during that visit. It would be really neat to already have an ultrasound to give our family when we break the news to them, but I'm not counting on it.

Last night was my first softball game. I went ahead and told my coaches since I felt it was something that they should be aware of at least. I told them that I plan to continue playing as long as I feel okay and the doctor allows it. They said that if nothing else, they could put me in as DH. I play right field, though, so am not at a very dangerous spot. It doesn't even really get a lot of activity, but would still require a little more effort from me. It all depends on what the doctor says and how I feel each game. We won last night 14-6 and have our next game on Thursday evening. Another reason I don't want to have to quit playing is because the other women would know something was up since I'm always there...and I'm not injured this time like I was last season. I'd really like to keep things hush-hush until I'm through the first trimester.

Shad went ahead and told his boss that I'm pregnant hoping to speed up the process of getting him into management. His boss was going to Haiti (or somewhere down there) on business and would be back later this week. He said that they would talk then. I'm hoping and praying that this all works out for him. We REALLY need more money!

Symptoms: Not much - still hungry and using the bathroom somewhat more frequently than normal; only a couple of twinges of nausea-nothing too noticeable; mainly more of my normal stomach issues that I contribute to nervousness and stress. I really don't even FEEL pregnant yet, so I hope everything's okay!

No comments: