Thursday, April 21, 2005

4 weeks 5 days

Yesterday was a pretty good birthday. After church last night, Shad and I went and picked out a new digital camera. I ended up going with a Samsung that has 4.0 mp, has 6 minutes of video, plus a few other nice things. It's not top of the line, but it's plenty enough for us to use. I'm going to start using it to take weekly pictures of my stomach so I can keep track as it grows. I also plan on having it in the delivery room when that time comes.

We've decided to go ahead and tell our parents this weekend. I'm really excited! After work tomorrow, the boss is having a crawfish boil, so I'll probably stick around for a few minutes but most likely won't eat much. They taste okay, but I prefer them to already be beheaded; it grosses me out otherwise. After I get done with that, Shad and I will travel down to my mom's to tell her and Cheryl. I've got a baby bib that says, "I Love my Grandma" wrapped in nice pink flowered paper (Mother's Day kind) that I plan to give her. I've also created a document that says, "We are extending our home by 2 feet" with 2 baby footprints below and then, "Additions to be done on or around December 24, 2005." I've folded it up and put it in the gift box on top of the baby bib.

Shad tried to invite his dad over to grill out Saturday evening, but Richard already has plans. Therefore, he's going to come watch Shad's softball game Friday night instead. For him, I've got a UT Vols baby bib, pacifier and bottle wrapped up with the above mentioned document arranged to be seen as soon as the box is opened.

As for my dad, I really haven't decided yet what I'm going to do for him. I'm thinking about doing the same thing for him as I'm doing for Richard. I don't know yet. I've still got a little time left for him as he lives 3 hours away and I only see him once in a while. I'll definitely have to get over there really soon, though.

Symptoms: Nothing different.

No comments: