Friday, April 22, 2005

4 weeks 6 days

Today after I got off work, Shad and I went down to Tullahoma and told my mom and aunt. I took the gift and told her that it was an early Mother's Day gift. I also took my digital camera and got pictures of her as she opened it and her reaction when she realized what it was about. Needless to say, both she and my aunt were very excited! They said that they needed the good news. We spent a little time visiting and then had go get back home for Shad's softball game.

His dad ended up coming down for the game beforehand and brought a friend, too. So, we had pizza with them for dinner and exchanged gifts...his birthday gift to me and our "good news" gift to him. We decided to go ahead and have him open his gift first pretty much as soon as he walked in the door. Unfortunately, I completely forgot to use the digital camera on him. He, too, was really excited, but his first reaction was of disbelief...like we were playing a joke and were kidding. It didn't take long, though, to convince him we were telling the truth. He wants so badly to tell everyone the good news, but I've asked him to wait until I'm through the first trimester. I know exactly how hard it is to keep quiet, so I'm hoping everybody can keep tight-lipped that long!

His gift to me was the cd, "The Essential Kenny Loggins," which was something both Shad and I decided earlier this week that we both wanted. It has the songs, "The House at Pooh Corner" and "Return to Pooh Corner," which Shad wants to learn to play on guitar. It also has a bunch of really cool 80's songs such as Footloose, Your Mama Don't Dance, Celebrate Me Home, Danger Zone from Top Gun, and I'm Alright from Caddyshack.

No comments: