Saturday, April 16, 2005

2ND TEST RESULTS...

Oh wow!!! I tested again this morning using a First Response and it was a definitely BFP!!!!!

I'M PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really didn't expect to be successful on our FIRST try! And neither did Shad.

His first reaction was, "No, not yet!" He was terrified about what this will mean financially. By the time we went to bed last night, though, he was telling me how much he loves me and was kinda being emotional about it. He was also asking a lot of questions, which is good. I think we're both going to be back and forth between fear, excitement, nervousness, happiness, etc. for a while.

We're just going to have to trust that God wants it this way for a reason. For me to get pregnant so quickly is a miracle in itself! Now, the next part is to hopefully carry this child to full term. I don't know what I'd do if I miscarried!!!

Shad was hesitant about telling people at first. He said that I should wait until after the first 12 weeks. However, I told him that's fine and dandy for friends, co-workers, acquaintences, but we're going to be telling our immediate family as soon as possible. I plan to call for a doctor's appointment to confirm by blood test (if they do that!) on Monday. I would really like to get in next Friday afternoon since I get off work at 11:00. That way, nobody at work will know yet. As for telling our family, if I can contain myself, we'll tell everyone on Mother's Day weekend. That will make for such a great Mother's Day gift for my mom. I've already decided that we'll be telling her first since I'm closest to her.

My dad is coming over here from Knoxville by himself to bring us his gas grill and my jewelry bag that I left at the cabin in February. He'll be spending tonight and leaving first thing tomorrow morning. It's going to be so hard to not tell him! I had to go hide all the baby stuff in our guest room. Only 3 more weeks! None of our family lives in town with us, so at most, we see them on weekends. Then, it's only about once a month, so hopefully, these 3 weeks will fly by!

Wow! I still just can't believe it! A Christmas baby!

No comments: