Wednesday, April 20, 2005

4 weeks 4 days


Today is my 27th birthday! I've known this day was coming up, but it still doesn't *feel* like it's my birthday; it just feels like any other day. Shad informed me that our news kind of put a damper on his gift idea, which he was going to get last weekend. He has instead told me to pick out whatever I want. I think I want to go look at digital cameras at Wal-Mart. We can't get anything too expensive or fancy, but they've got some nice ones. It'll probably be a 3.2 mp Canon, Olympus or Hewlett-Packard. I've been looking online but still need to go look in the actual store.

I tried to make reservations at The Melting Pot for either this Saturday (April 23), next Saturday (April 30) , or the following Saturday (May 7), but they were completely booked up in the non-smoking section for all of those nights; the smoking section is definitely out of the question. Shad has softball games on Friday nights, so I'm not sure what I'll try to get now.

I've been reading up on what to expect at my first pre-natal appointment and it seems that I'll need to give both mine and Shad's family histories. I'm now thinking about going ahead and telling Mom, Cheryl and Richard this weekend. That way we can get that info from them personally. I'd still really like to hold out until Mother's Day to tell Mom, but I should probably go ahead and fill her in now before anyone else gets told.

No comments: