Thursday, July 12, 2007

Softball Tournament Final Results

Well, does this answer the question, "How did Third Baptist Church do in the tournament?"





















Yep, WE WON 1ST PLACE!!!!!! That's me on the front row on the far left.

For our first game, we played World Outreach Church and barely squeezed by in that game. We won 8-7. We started out really good, but it just got ugly from there. It's the win that counts, though! I was the lead-off batter and while running to 1st base (just after stepping on the base), the ball hit me in the ankle and left a nasty purple bruise. After scoring, I went into the dugout and put ice on it pretty quickly, which helped a lot. At least it's not purple anymore. I don't even remember how I did batting during that game. It's all a blur. I DO remember that we had too many get past us in the field. :p We weren't about to make that same mistake in the championship game!

For our 2nd game, we ended up playing Lady Elite (surprise, surprise!) since they won their playoff game and made it into the championship game. We won 8-4 (not by 1 run...YAY!). Boy, was that a VERY SERIOUS game! Oh my goodness! I haven't seen ballplaying like that since my sister played on tournament teams when she was 14, 15, 16 years old! The other team was actually purposely walking a few of our batters just to keep the force outs (which was mainly me :p). Thankfully, it didn't do them any bit of good since the next batter that was allowed to bat, had a good hit, so got me home with no problem. Of course, the game wasn't easy AT ALL! We fought with all we had and, thankfully, it paid off!

As far as hitting for me...I did pretty good. Nothing extraordinary, but I DID burn the leftfielder a little. She was playing me too shallow (wasn't expecting me to hit it there since I'd been hitting it up the center all night), so it went over her head, but she was fast and had an arm, so I only got a double out of it. I can't remember if I ended up scoring or not, though. I came in a few times during that game.

Out in the field, the only action that I really had was 1 fly ball that I caught. Otherwise, I think I stopped a grounder and got it into 2nd no problem.

Here's a picture of everybody taken before our games:





















Back Row (L-R): Danielle (LF), Jessica R. (RF), Kimberly (LCF), Lindsey (C/Sub/bookkeeper), Ashley (coach), Jessica F. (DH/Sub/bookkeeper), Robbie (1st), Sonya (1st/Sub), Jessica B. (DH)

Front Row (L-R): Caresa (SS/2nd), Tami (RCF), Rachel (C), Meagan (2nd/SS), Mary Beth (3rd), Kelly (P/coach)

So, softball season is now over...until co-ed in the Fall, anyway! Shad and I were always subs in previous years until I was asked to be a regular player last year. I don't know if I'll be a regular player this year, too, or not. I know that Shad would really like to play more this Fall than he did last year. I guess we'll see when that time comes. I have about a 2 month break.

We'll have an end-of-the-season cookout for our championship team at some point soon. Probably in the next couple of weeks. It'll be nice to socialize with all my teammates while not playing a game!

Now that softball's over with, I don't know what I'm going to do. That was my main source of exercise! Oh well...I'm still getting some upper-leg exercises at Christopher's swim lessons! LOL!

No comments: