Sunday, July 08, 2007

Christmas in July

Oh. My. Goodness! Richard (FIL) proclaimed it to be Christmas in July last night when he was here for his weekly visit. He brought 2 big Toys 'R Us bags with toys for Christopher! As if we don't already have enough to trip over! He gave Christopher a toy golf club set because he wants him to be the next Tiger Woods (who started playing at 18 months old). *rolls eyes* Christopher seemed to do really well when shown how to use the clubs. However, he seems to prefer to hold items like that (and crayons, pencils, etc.) up at the very tip top, so we'll have to work on teaching him the correct way to hold things (eventually).

Richard also gave Christopher a Leapfrog Little Leaps (baby version of Leap Pad), but we can't get it set up since the manual doesn't include the code for our DVD player. >:( And of course, we figured this out about 15 minutes after the company closed! Therefore, I'll have to call them on Monday (as if I don't already have enough to do).

A tug boat that came with a Little Golden Book called Scuffy was the next gift. We'll probably make Scuffy a pool toy since he already has a boat for the bathtub.

Hmmm... what else? Oh, a cute little watering pail-type bucket for him to play with in the pool and/or bathtub. He LOVES to play with buckets, cups, etc. and water!

Richard also included a container of animal crackers for Christopher, a bag of Sour Patch Kids cotton candy and a bag of sour gummy candy from Cracker Barrel for me (can you tell I like sour candy?) and some kind of commerative UT Vols magazine for Shad.

Christopher's swim lessons start tomorrow afternoon. We'll go on Mondays and Wednesdays for 30 minutes a day for 4 weeks. I'm excited to see how he does with it all. When we went swimming with Sebrina and John Ryan, Christopher didn't like to be put on his stomach or back. I don't know if that's part of this level or not, but at this point, it'll take some getting used to for him.

This week is also our softball tournament. We finally got our schedule yesterday afternoon (Saturday)! We have games on Monday evening at 6:30 and 8:40 and Tuesday evening at 7:35. Whether we play again on Thursday is determined by if we win. On Monday, we're supposed to play World Outreach Church first then St. Rose Catholic Church. On Tuesday, we're supposed to play Lady Elite...the team that beat us in the last inning (we had it won up until then) and took first place in the league. >:( Dadgumit...we're going to beat them this time!!!

I need to call my neighbor (Wanda) to see if she can babysit Christopher until Shad gets home from work. If she can't, it's going to be a little hectic for me. I'll have to bring him to the game where a girl from church (Ali A.) will watch him until Shad gets there. After my game, I'll have to drive Christopher home since the seatbelts in Shad's truck don't work, so he can't transport Christopher. >:( I won't have much time, though, since I'll have to be back by 8:15. :P I'd have Shad and Christopher stay at the ballfield for my 2nd game except (1) Shad's ridiculously picky about getting home after being at work all day and (2) 10:00 is WAY too late to keep Christopher awake (that's about what time it would be by the time we put him to bed)!

Of course, my Tendonitis decided to start acting up again on Friday. :p I've been wearing my brace and taking Aleve every 12 hours since Saturday hoping it'll get to feeling better before my games on Monday night. They seem to be making a difference, but I'm not ready to take the brace off yet. Sleeping with this thing on is a whole different story, though! Talk about uncomfortable...and I like to sleep on my stomach with my hands underneath me. :p

Well, I need to call in my prescription for my birth control and go pick it up at Kroger, so time to go do that before Christopher wakes up.

No comments: