Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Second Night of Ballgames

So, tonight we played Lady Elite. Drum roll please.......WE WON!!!!!! :D Of course, it was only by 1 run, but WE WON!!!!! The score was 5-4 and THANKFULLY we were home team! We went into the last inning leading 5-2, but they had a rally on 2 outs (surprise, surprise) and scored 2 runs. Luckily, we got that last out because they had a runner on 2nd AND 3rd. Whew!

K was back and said that she was okay. She played pretty darn good, too, for having a knot on her head! She was wearing a ball cap tonight, though. I don't blame her! If it were me, I probably would've gone out and bought a batting helmet today!

I can't really remember how I did batting. I think my short-term memory is going. LOL! I do know that I got on a few times...had a pop fly once (they caught it) and got a double once. I did make a stupid decision to try to score when there was only 1 out. I was on third, someone else was on 2nd and nobody was on 1st, so the other team had to tag me. The ball was hit to the 3rd baseman or short-stop and STUPID me didn't even wait for her to try to throw it. Duh! I don't know how to slide (was never taught, but wish I could!), so didn't even stand a chance. :p Oh well...lesson learned.

We had to hang out a little while after the game to find out what time we play on Thursday. Lady Elite was playing World Outreach Church. We found out that we want Lady Elite to WIN (Blah!), which will give us 1st seed since we beat them. If I have it figured out correctly, if Lady Elite beats World Outreach, this would be the standings: 1st seed - US (1 loss).....2nd seed - Lady Elite (1 loss).....3rd seed - St. Rose Catholic Church (2 losses).....4th seed - World Outreach Church (2 losses). I think there's a really good chance that Lady Elite will win tonight, so if that does happen, we'll play World Outreach at 6:30 on Thursday night. If we win that game, we'll play in the championship game at 8:40 (most likely against Lady Elite). After those games, we'll be completely finished for the season. Of course, I could end up playing co-ed in the Fall, though.

Christopher has his 2nd swim lesson tomorrow afternoon. I'm hoping he starts to get used to things and does better. After swimming, we have church in the evening. I'll update again on Thursday or Friday with the results of the tournament!

No comments: