Friday, September 12, 2008

Potty Training and Night Sleep

Christopher has been doing EXCELLENT in the potty training department!!! I think it's safe to say that we are officially day trained! Woo hoo!!! He's also stayed dry the last 3 nights, but I'm not ready to let him wear underwear quite yet.

On the down-side...Christopher has woken up in the night the last 2 nights. Not from having to go potty. Not from having a bad dream (that I can tell). I honestly don't have a clue why he's waking up. This is the child who's been a perfect sleeper (besides when sick or when he's had a bad dream) since he weaned at about 17 months old!

Wednesday night, he woke up once SCREAMING around 2:30. I ran in there thinking he'd had a bad dream and it turned out that he was just ANGRY that his glow-in-the-dark stars (look like the Big Dipper) weren't glowing! >:( It took me about 10 minutes to calm him down and another 35 or so to get him back into his bed and to the point where I could go back to mine. Of course, it didn't help that I'd stayed up late and had only been asleep for about an hour when he woke me up. :p

Thursday night, he woke me up twice...once at 1:30 (I just covered him back up and rubbed his back for a few minutes) and then again around 4:45. It was the 2nd waking that was the worst. He wanted me to lay with him, which I did for about 45 minutes. When I *thought* he was asleep, I tried to get up. Unfortunately, he wasn't and started fussing again. I tried telling him that I needed to use the bathroom (hoping he'd let me leave and then fall asleep), but he then requested to go, too. So, after finishing, I firmly stated that it was time to go back to sleep and for Mama to go back to her bed. I tucked him in and and went back to my own bed. That was around 5:30. Well, around 6:00 while Shad was getting ready for work, Christopher once again got up. This time, he wanted to come and lay in bed with me. I let him, but it didn't last long. By 6:30, he said he was ready to go back to his bed and go to sleep. By 7:00, I heard him up in the bathroom. He needed help, so since I had to soon start getting ready for MOPS, I decided that we were just up for the day. :p So, minus a few minutes of dozing, I've basically been awake since about 4:45. I put Christopher down for a nap around 1:15, but even with as tired as he was, he didn't fall asleep until about 2:00.

I'm hoping his sleep issues are just a very short-lived phase and not going to be something that keeps occuring!

No comments: