Friday, September 05, 2008

Are We Nearly Trained???

While on vacation, I took underwear for Christopher, but didn't put on a single pair. Instead, when not in his swimsuit, he wore Pull-Ups. So, after we got home, I wasn't sure how he'd do going back into underwear. Well, we began, once again, the quest to be day-trained on Monday (8/25). We had the sporadic accidents all week long...until Saturday (8/30) when he stayed dry! We are now on Day 7 of absolutely NO accidents during the day!!! Woo hoo!!! To top it off, he started preschool on Tuesday. Since he'd been doing so well, I didn't want to mess things up, so I sent him in underwear with Pull-Ups in his bag for naptime and just in case. I was thrilled when I picked him up and saw that he was wearing the same shorts I put on him that morning! So, we've marched on and haven't looked back! He can also make it through naptimes with no accidents, so I think I'm ready to make the switch there, too. We're getting close to being night-trained as well, but I don't quite have confidence that he can stay dry every night. It's part of our bedtime routine now to go potty and he *has* woken me up in the night saying he had to go, but he's also had a wet Pull-Up from not going first thing in the morning. So, we're still working on it. I probably just need to go ahead and bite the bullet and let him wear underwear to bed since I think the Pull-Ups sometimes make him lazy. I don't know. I'd like to try a bit longer to make sure he can stay dry all night or can get up to go potty.

But for now, I think it's safe to say that he's day trained! Woo hoo!!! Looking back, it really wasn't too bad. After initially dropping diapers during the day (August 1), he started off doing really good in Pull-Ups. However, our biggest interruption (as expected) was our week-long vacation. Once we got home, though, and resumed our normal routine, he started doing great again! I was a bit worried about starting school, but as always, he's shown me that there's no reason to worry! So, overall, it's taken us right at about 1 month to day-train, including the 1 week vacation set-back. Not bad!

No comments: