Saturday, May 05, 2007

Grandpa's Obituary

For those of you who are interested...

George S. Worley

LITTLESTOWN, PA. George S. Worley, 94, died Friday morning, May 4, 2007, at Hanover Hall Nursing Center. He was the husband of Grace (Jones) Worley, who died in 2002. Born December 12, 1912, in York County, he was the son of the late Paul C. and Annie (Sherman) Worley. Mr. Worley was a 1929 graduate of Charles Carroll School in Silver Run, Md. He was a lifelong farmer and a farm implement mechanic. Mr. Worley was a member of St. Paul's Lutheran Church, Littlestown. He was a board member of Union Township and later, Littlestown School Districts. George enjoyed hunting, gardening, and he played baseball for many years. Surviving are a daughter, Marian G. Gladfelter of Hanover; two sons, Gary G Worley of Knoxville, Tenn., and James D. Worley of Hanover; nine grandchildren, Randy Gladfelter, Christine Peck, Tami Holloman, Mindy Worley, Anita Trojnar, and Terri, Timothy, Peter, and Daniel McCormick; and nine greatgrandchildren. He was predeceased by a daughter, Brenda McCormick; two sisters; and five brothers. A funeral service will be held at 10 a.m. Tuesday, May 8, 2007, at Little's Funeral Home, 34 Maple Ave., Littlestown, PA, with the Rev. Thomas E. Stellhorn officiating. The viewing will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Monday at the funeral home. Interment will be in Rest Haven Cemetery, Hanover, PA.

Published in the Evening Sun.

http://www.legacy.com/eveningsun/Obituaries.asp?Page=Lifestory&PersonId=87760105

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Tami,
I don't know if you remember me. I'm Anita's Mother Marla. Hearing of George's passing was sad, but he was a wonderful man! I get most of my information on the family by researching as I have been unjustly shunned. I found out the other day I have another granddaughter Addalie. I hope someday Anita will realise how much I miss and love her and that we can be mother and daughter again. Your son is adorable, love him and guide him. God looks out for children. Tell your mom Linda I said hello. Always liked her and the Gladfelters. God Bless you and your family.
marlasworley@gmail.com

Always,
Marla