Tuesday, March 03, 2009

And It Continues

Since my last post, the weather hasn't been any different: warm one week, cold the next. However, this time, it finally ended with actual SNOW!!! My town (direct center of TN) was the northern most edge of where the snow hit in Middle Tennessee, so we were lucky. Usually north and east of us always gets snow while we get gyped. I'm convinced we live in a bowl, which is why we hardly ever get anything.

So, Saturday evening, we hear on the news that Middle Tennessee could get 1-3" while West TN (the Memphis area) could get up to 10". I even said we'll either get absolutely nothing or we'll get hammered. To my eventual excitement (I've been SO ready for Spring!), we got about 4-5", which is considered A LOT for us! I'm so glad we got a decent amount at least 1x this season! Christopher doesn't remember the 1-2" we got last year (March 2008), so I was excited for him.

We had church first thing in the morning (we don't cancel services). It was my turn to work Extended Session (childcare during worship service), plus Shad had to play his trumpet, so we went. After church, we went home, changed into snow gear and headed outside to play. We didn't even eat lunch first! LOL! We played for well over an hour before Christopher even started complaining that he was cold. He and Shad built a snowman, although Bailey was successful in knocking it over while they were working on the bottom snowball. Therefore, Bailey got put into timeout (confined to the closed-in patio) until the snowman was finished. He then did perfectly fine until we all went inside and then he had a blast demolishing it. :p

We got Christopher's truck out and tried to let him ride it, but the battery was almost dead (forgot to charge it the last time it was used), so that fun didn't last long. However, we had more fun with snowball fights and making snow angels.

I took TONS of pictures, which I posted on my Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=223439&id=905785074&l=a31d1. However, here's a taste:





















The forecast for this weekend: Sunny with temperatures in the 70's! Gotta love Tennessee weather!!! :D

No comments: