Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Update On My Sore Throat

I realize that I never posted an update on my sore throat from Christmas.

I went to a walk-in clinic first thing in the morning after Christmas before going down to my mom's. I went with the certainty that I had Tonsillitis since it's fairly common with me. Of course, as standard procedure, the clinic did a Strep test...which came back POSITIVE! <:-O Yes, my throat was sore, but it wasn't THAT sore! Apparently, I caught it before it really got bad, although it did end up getting much worse. I got a shot in the butt, which HURT like the DICKENS (from now on, I'll take the antibiotic pills over that shot!) and was done. I didn't have to take any other medications.

I was expecting to start feeling better within 2-3 days and for the Strep to be completely gone within a week. Unfortunately, I wasn't quite so lucky. I had pain the entire time...like, so much it hurt to swallow ANYTHING. I think it ended up lasting a grand total of 9 days (from the day of the first symptoms to the day it was completely gone). Not too much longer than 1 week, but when it hurts so much to eat anything at all, every day is 1 day too many! So, now I'm completely over it! Even better...neither Shad nor Christopher caught it from me!!!

No comments: