Thursday, March 22, 2007

15 Months 1 Week - Ear Infection Update

Christopher ended up throwing up again overnight last night. Just as yesterday, he acted just fine during the day and ate normally, so it can't be a stomach bug. This time, I'm confident it's a result of the abx. I called a nurse at Dr. Tammy's office who got all the info from me and said she'd call me back later with Tammy's recommendation of what to do next. I'm at my mom's, so called the clinic to give them her number since my cell phone doesn't work here (bad signal). Well, 5:00 came and went and I didn't hear anything. Finally, around 6:00, I got a phone call from Tammy herself. She wanted to speak directly to me instead of letting her nurse handle it. I told her that I hadn't given him any today so we'll see what happens tonight. She's not going to be in the office tomorrow, so she went ahead and decided to call in a prescription for Zithromax just in case we need it. If he DOESN'T get sick tonight, I'm to go pick it up. However, if he DOES get sick, then we'll know it's not the abx, so I'm to cancel the order. What happens next all depends on what happens tonight.

As previously mentioned, I'm staying at my mom's house tonight and possibly tomorrow night. I told her it all depended on how Christopher was doing with all this EI/abx crap going on. I left my house for the 1 hour drive down during his naptime hoping he'd sleep in the car, but he had other ideas. He maybe got a 20 minute nap, so basically nothing. I should've made him take a nap after eating lunch once we arrived, but he was acting just fine, so I didn't. Boy, did I learn a lesson today! He had an extreme meltdown around 5:30 and wouldn't calm down for anything! I ended up letting him nurse and he fell asleep ON ME! He hasn't done that since he was a newborn! I think he only slept for about 30 minutes, though, and was still ready for bed by his normal bedtime of 8:30. He's sleeping in the pack 'n play tonight, so I hope everything goes well and we both get some MUCH needed sleep!

While on the phone with Shad, I realized that with trying to remember everything for Christopher (including his medications), I forgot my birth control pills! Oops! I was already planning to call my OB's office anyway to ask about getting back on Ortho Tri-Cyclen. Several women have told me that even though they were still breastfeeding, they were able to get back on regular birth control after the baby turned a year old. WARNING...TMI: I'm SICK of being on the mini-pill because it has TOTALLY screwed up my cycles!!! I started off normally, but over the last few months, my cycles have gotten shorter and shorter. I started going only 2 weeks between AFs. The last time I started, it actually happened AT my annual exam. Fun! That was exactly 15 days ago and SHE'S STILL HANGING AROUND!!!!! Okay...end of TMI... Since I left my mini-pills at home, I'm going to call tomorrow to see if my doctor will prescribe my regular pill instead.

Well, that's all to update for now. I'll try to post again soon to update on what happens tonight and what we end up doing about the abx.

No comments: