Tuesday, June 21, 2005

13 weeks 3 days

We had a pretty fun and exciting weekend. We didn't do much of anything on Friday, but on Saturday, my dad, Patti and Shad's dad, Richard, came over to grill out for Father's Day. My dad and Patti surprised me with a glider and ottoman in the color I wanted!!! I was really excited as that's been one piece of furniture that I really wanted to get for the baby's nursery! We all had a fun and enjoyable visit with each other, too.

I had my final softball game last night. I don't know if I'm ready for the season to be over with or not, but I do know that I'm really going to miss being able to play!!! We ended our season with a 10-8 win. When we all get the bats going, we tend to have a pretty good team! I even got a solid hit over the left centerfielder's head, which gave me a triple! By the time I got to third, though, I was SO out of breath!!! I'm glad that the next batter also got a good hit which allowed me to pretty much trot home! We have our end-of-season picnic scheduled for next Monday evening.

I really can't wait to find out whether this baby is a boy or a girl!!! I want so much for it to be a girl, but of course, will be very happy with a boy, too. A lady on my softball team had a TON of baby girl clothes in the back of her vehicle and asked if I wanted any. Since I don't know yet, I had to pass, but I'm going to give her a call after I find out. She said she's got everything from newborn up to about 16 months; most of it is for 0-6 months, though. Since I want a girl and Shad wants a boy, and all the old wives tales are telling me I'm having a boy, I'm probably going to have a boy. Only 4 more weeks to go before the ultrasound...hopefully!!!

No comments: