Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Making a Change

C finished his antibiotic for his Pink Eye and lingering sinus infection last Friday. On Easter Sunday, his nose started running...err, more like POURING. Then, late Sunday night, he started coughing. It sounded like a Croupy cough, but didn't keep him awake. All day Monday, he coughed, but it was dry. He had a really hard time going to sleep since he was coughing so much. We went to school on Tuesday since it all seemed to be allergy-related. His teacher told me that his nose was still running a lot and he was still coughing a ton. He played and ate normally and he did manage to get about a 30 minute nap. However, he coughed some while sleeping and ended up waking because of it.

After school, I called his pediatrician's office and left a message letting her know what was going on. A nurse called me back, got more info and then said she'd talk to Dr. T and call me back. When she got back to me around 4:45, she said that Dr. T wanted to switch C from Zyrtec to Allegra. She was leaving a bunch of samples and a prescription to use if it worked. Of course, the clinic closes at 5:00, so I had to rush over there. Thankfully, we live close, so it wasn't to hard too get there in time.

We've given him 2 doses so far (last night and this morning...he gets it 2x a day) and, I don't know if it's a coincidence or what, but he already seems to be better. He's not coughing nearly as much and it's more productive instead of dry, and his nose, while still snotty, isn't running like the past few days. So, that's good news! Let's just hope it continues to work and lasts longer than a year!

1 comment:

Richard Holloman said...

I'm praying for my little buddy. Will you be certain to tell him that and that I love him very much?

Thanks!
Richard