Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Slugging through the trenches

Well, we're on Day 5 of only using diapers at bedtime. This really is like a rollercoaster ride! One day he does GREAT in underwear (Pull-Ups when we leave the house), but the next he has frequent accidents. The only sure-fire way of no accidents is letting him run around naked (100% trained in that department). I just don't understand how he sees such a difference in being naked and wearing underwear/Pull-Ups. It baffles me. So far today, I've let him run around naked, which has gone smoothly. I put underwear on him briefly before naptime, but it was only about 45 minutes. We'll be out of the house this afternoon, though, so he'll be in a Pull-Up. We'll attempt the underwear again this evening, but we're on our last pair that fit him, so it's time to do laundry. Speaking of, that's increased dramatically these last few days. :P Fun time! My biggest concern right now isn't necessarily the actual potty training, though. He hasn't had a bowel movement since Sunday (he normally has 1-2 a day). I really hope he's not holding it because of potty training. He's gone in the toilet before with no apparent issues, so hopefully he'll go very soon!

I'll keep you posted on our progress!

1 comment:

Nathan said...

As someone who knows how scary it can be waiting on a poopy, I hope everything comes out alright. And yes that is ment to be funny. I would however suggest not taking him swimming until the problem is taken care of. Have fun and just think I will be going through this soon enough and then you can make fun of me.