Friday, September 23, 2005

27 weeks 3 days - 3 Hour Glucose Test Results

I FINALLY got my test results back this morning! Everything is normal, so no Gestational Diabetes! I'm VERY relieved!

I actually received a phone call yesterday morning from the nurse. After getting my hopes up that she had the results, she told me the EXACT same thing as Friday...that my iron is low, so I needed to pick up a supplement and that my sugar tested high, so I needed to schedule the 3-hour glucose test. Ugh! Apparently, she neglected to mark me off her list, so she didn't realize that she'd already called me. I told her that I'd had the 3-hour test done on Wednesday and was waiting for the results. She looked in my file, but the doctor hadn't looked at anything yet, so she couldn't give me an answer at that time. She said that she'd only call back if there was anything out of the ordinary. I don't like that one bit, so I decided to call her back this morning since I hadn't heard anything...just to ease my mind.

So, that scare is now past. I get to go into the doctor's office again on Tuesday (9/27) for the RhoGam shot. I can go in anytime between 4:00 and 5:00, so I'll just leave work at 4:00 and go straight there. I don't know much about the shot, but I hope it's not too bad.

Because of my schedule on Wednesday with the glucose test, I've been having to make up my time at work. On Thursday, I only took a 30-minute lunch (I normally get 1 hour) and then stayed 30 minutes later than normal. Now, today, instead of getting off at 11:00, I'm staying until 1:00. Yuck! I've gotten WAY too spoiled being able to get off at 11:00 on Fridays!

After I get off here today, I'm planning to go get my hair CHOPPED off! Right now, it's about 2.5 inches below my shoulder. I'm going to have it cut to where it's right about chin level. It's not anything too drastic as I do this about every couple of years. It's just not something I do regularly, so I'm sure people will notice.

Shad and I will be going to Cookeville tonight to a cookout at the house of an old classmate of his. Tomorrow evening is his 10-year high school reunion. Then, on Sunday, we have our Celebration Sunday at church, so we'll have a hectic schedule with that. I'll be so ready to collapse when I finally get home Sunday afternoon!

No comments: